Friday, December 20, 2019

M for Mud Pie


this was so good!
I remember begging my mother if we could make this recipe many times as a child, and her telling me no every time. for some reason she was dead set against this recipe. too much sugar for one thing and I think maybe the name put her off. but the recipe is for a chocolate gooey goodness, how can one go wrong with that?

the reason we never just went ahead and made it anyway I do believe is the lack of ingredients as a child we never kept chocolate syrup in the house and even now that I am grown its not something I keep around either, and chocolate syrup is a main ingredient in this recipe it is part of what makes it so gooey. it definitely makes this recipe what it is. A delicious, mouth-watering chocolate feast of scrumptiousness. yep I liked this one. a lot.

the chocolate base is an very rich brownie (emphasis on rich.) that goes together fairly easily. its basically just mix everything together in the order given then bake.

as soon as the brownie base is taken out of the oven you poke holes with a toothpick then spread chocolate syrup all over it, letting the syrup soak in as is cools. this is what gives it that lovely gooiness.


once its completely cool ,whipped cream is spread on top, or if your feeling fancy one could pipe it on. which would be very pretty and I kind of wish I had done. although with the way I pipe it probably wouldn't have been any prettier anyway. seriously piping is not my forte. but looks in cooking only matter if your selling, entering a contest, or on a baking show. and since I was not doing any of that its ok if its not over the top pretty. its all about the flavor. nothing I make is ever going to be very showy, its just going to come as it come.

I was ever so excited to finally make this recipe and it was everything I thought it would be. it turns out some dreams do come true. its nice not to be disappointed by a recipe that has been so highly anticipated. this book really does do a good job at having basic recipes that turn out so yummy.

the hardest part of the recipe was of course the waiting to eat it. waiting for things to cool completely can be so hard sometimes. and I actually had to wait even longer then that, as I made it to take to a party. which is the reason the cut piece is on a paper plate and not the usual plates I use. I thought about bringing one of the plates but I thought it might be a bit odd to show up with a fancy plate to such a low key party.

it was a hit though, so that made me happy. in fact the mud pie was well received everyone asked me for a copy of the recipe, that is definitely a way to tell if something actually tastes good.

I loved this recipe and will make it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment