Monday, December 28, 2020

Y for yogurt cups.


I made this back in the summer. I realized if I was going to finish this book I really needed to get on the ball and get going. I kept telling myself I was ready to make these then would forget to buy yogurt when I was shopping, and I didn’t particularly want to go into a store just for yogurt.

Turns out it was for the best when I did finally remember to buy the yogurt, our blueberry bush was in all its glory, loaded down with berries. This is the first year we have gotten to eat more than a few berries off the bushes usually the birds come by and enjoy them before we get a chance. This year though we decided to put a stop to that and netted the bushes. Don’t worry about the birds there is plenty of other food out there for them to eat including lots and lots of blackberries.

I can’t believe we never made yogurt cups before they were so easy. Though I did make a tiny mistake and added a teaspoon to much water. I wasn’t paying very good attention, and thought the recipe called for tablespoons when in reality it called for teaspoons; I did however realize this before adding in all the water. An extra teaspoon didn’t seem to affect it negatively at all but I am sure if I had added in two extra tablespoons the recipe would not have worked at all. this is why reading and re-reading a recipe before actually making it is so important.

The crusts were delicate and flakey with a nice flavor. They look really blonde in the pictures but I do believe they are supposed to be that way as they are made with powdered sugar and that always seems to make a blonder crust. They held up well to being filled with the yogurt. The recipe called for any flavor of yogurt I chose vanilla simply because it pairs well with the fresh berries.

I have already made the crust recipe again, when one day I was getting a hankering for a kiwi tart, and happened to have all ingredients. So this recipe is definitely a keeper the crust is versatile enough it can be used for any type of tart.

No comments:

Post a Comment