Sunday, October 7, 2018

D for delicious drumsticks

lets just start off with I am not a fan of dark meat, I just care for the flavor or the texture so really to rate this recipe I am not a good choice. I knew this was not something I was going to be a fan of and I was right.
when got to this recipe I was glad to see one of the stores had drum sticks on sale. knowing that I wasn’t going to really like this recipe I didn't want to put a lot of money into it. so I off I go to the store buy the drum sticks come home, a ten minute drive, open the drum sticks and am met by a revolting smell, that had me jumping back gagging. the meat was spoiled. not exactly the best way to start a recipe I was already not looking forward too. needless to say I did not use that meat. I brought back to the store. after that I didn’t think I could stomach being around drumsticks for a while so I put off making these for a few weeks.
good news is the next meat I bought was good, and I was able to move forward with the recipe.
this was fairly easy to make, you basically just dip the chicken in melted butter then roll it in the flour mixture then bake.
the coating crisps up in the oven and you have a nice lightly breaded fried chicken effect.
for being something I don’t like it was pretty good I do believe it would have been a bit better if it had more spices in it, such as garlic and onion. but the paprika did do a nice job in adding some flavor.
its probably not something I would make again though I might use it as a base recipe for chicken tenders.


1 comment: