Thursday, September 10, 2020

V for veggie Bites.


Well I am officially so behind in blogging it’s funny. I should have gotten to blogging about this as soon as I found the pictures for the upside-down pineapple cake, but I put it off. I wish I could say I was doing something terribly productive, but I wasn’t. I am going to try to catch up though. Let’s see how that goes.

Ok so these are really good, and I have no idea why we never had them as children. It’s basically breaded vegetables maybe we would have eaten our veggies better if they were breaded. Of course, the key word in that sentence is maybe.

Like so many children my favorite food was not vegetables. They were something I only ate because I had too. When I was a kid the vegetables, I did like were Cheesy cauliflower, steamed spinach, potatoes, carrots and lettuce. So, I guess I did like some veggies, but if we had, had this I probably would have loved it.

It’s fairly simple to make, put the veggies in a egg, water mixture then bread the veggies in flour and salt then pour melted butter over them and bake. It turns out a crispy coated veggie of deliciousness.

Looking at the pictures I am realizing I didn’t picture the egg, or maybe its hiding behind something I have no idea but really there is an egg In this recipe.

The first time I had this recipe was only a few years ago my sister and niece made it one day and I was duly impressed. Thiers actually turned out better than mine, but mine was still good, and I will make this again. So far this book is everything I remember. The recipes are really good, and easy. There are the select few that are a tad more difficult but nothing too hard at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment