Monday, December 26, 2022

My Journey through the Newbery award books.

Recently my sister and I were discussing what Newbery Award books we had read had children, which of course led to having to look up what books have won, and while I have read several of them as a child I don’t really remember them all that well, and I hadn’t read nearly as many as I thought I had.I read a lot more of the Newbery Honors books, Probably because there are more of them. In any case I compiled a list of all the Newbery award books and will be marking them off as I go through them. I am not going to try to read all the Honors books because I feel that I would never get through them all. My library has nearly all the award-winning books so I am going to start by borrowing them first, and will listen to, or read them in no particular order. One thing I have noticed about the books I have read is that someone, a prominent character, seems to die in every book, I wonder if that is a criteria or if I have just happened to read those ones. Not sure, but I guess I will find out. There are currently just over a hundred of them and a new one added yearly so it's going to take a while to get through them all. Also some of them are out of print which may make them hard to get, those will probably be last to be read if ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment