Monday, December 26, 2022

The Grey King.

The Grey King. by: Susan Cooper 1976 Newbery Award winner.

I liked this book, what I could gather of it anyway. I was a bit confused through a lot of it simply because it is number four in a series. I feel like it would have made more sense had I read the first three first. I did like the writing though and I love hearing stories set up in whales, the countryside sounds so beautiful up there. The story is a fantasy story set in modern times (1970’s) with mystical kings, A golden Harp, time travel, children who feel different from the rest of the world making friends, dogs and sheep. It was a fun story that held my attention even when I had no idea what was going on. I might go back and read the rest of the series at some point but not for a while since I have about a hundred more books to go.

Does someone die? Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment