Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Good Masters! Sweet Ladies! Voices from a Medieval Village

Good Masters! Sweet Ladies! Voices from a Medieval Village, by: Laura Amy Schiltz 2008 Newbery Winner

This was actually a bit of an odd book, it wasn’t like your typical book, it was a collection of short stories and none of them really had a conclusion. Which I think is fairly typical of shorts. I don’t particularly care for short stories for this reason. I like my stories to have a beginning, a middle and an end like I was taught in school. The only time I like a book to end without an ending is if there is a sequel and even then sometimes it's annoying, like when the next one isn’t out yet.
This book did hold my interest though. It was like little plays which is what the forward said it was intended to be. I think going into the book reading the forward which tells you its shorts helped me get through it. If I hadn’t known the book probably would have annoyed me. All the stories are set during medieval times and after each story there was a bit of true history to go along with the story. I liked that part. Everything they talked about between the stories I had heard before but that's okay. It's always good to get a history refresh.

Does someone die? Yes but not in every story.

No comments:

Post a Comment