Saturday, August 18, 2018

the Alpha-bakery cookbook.

when I was a child gold metal offered this cook book. I can’t remember if you had to save proof of purchases or if you just sent in an order form and paid like $2 for it. or maybe it was both I don’t remember, what I do remember was how exciting it was to get this book! . and we used it... a lot. in fact this is the second copy as the first fell apart, and we were able to get it again. (I actually think this belongs to my sister, but shh, she left it at the parents.) the book offers a different recipe for each letter of the alphabet we had our favorites from the book of course, (turtle bread, and quick cheese burger pie being two of them) and all the recipe we made turned out good. some are super easy while others are bit more advanced for kids. but all are basically made from scratch. I love that they don’t tell you to buy mixes, like so many recipe books tend to do. I don’t think we ever made all the recipes though. so that is my goal, to go through the alphabet with this book and follow the recipes and directions as closely as possible, while still sticking to what I can and cannot eat. anything I change I will mention, but for the most part it will be the same. and I will finally get to make all those wonderful chocolately deserts my mother would never let me make.

No comments:

Post a Comment