Thursday, August 30, 2018

B for Banana bread


I have always skipped this recipe as I already have a favorite banana Bread recipe. one I have made for years and years that always comes out perfect. its from a Betty Crocker cookbook and if one follows that recipe its wonderful.
the recipe in this book is a bit different and actually a bit easier, not so fussy about when and how things are added. its pretty much wet ingredients mix, then dump in the dry, stir and be done with it. I wasn’t real fond of the dumping in the dry ingredients though I felt as if they should already be mixed before dumping as the time between measuring each of the dry seemed to cause the flour to clump more. whereas I find mixing the dry then adding slowly while mixing saves a lot of time since one is not chasing and squishing out the flour clumps. but that is just me.


once all the flour clumps were successfully removed it was time to add the nuts. now in keeping with the recipe I added walnuts but I must say if given a choice of nuts in a banana bread I would prefer pecans, and better yet I actually prefer it without nuts at all. then it is into the oven to cook for an hour or so.
this once again was an issue, it took significantly longer to cook then the stated time in the book. but I actually think this is something with my oven, I really need to invest in one of those oven thermometers because I have been having this issue with other recipes as well, so it must be the oven not the books.


it smelled heavenly as it cooked and made me want to eat it right away, but I behaved and waited till it cooled. and I must say it turned out pretty good even for having nuts in it.
would I make it again? sure it tasted good, and I am sure it will be just as good without nuts. maybe even a bit more moist. not that this wasn’t moist it actually was. and it top it all off the next day it was sliced and made into banana bread french toast which was pretty awesome but was eaten before even the thought of a picture could be had.

No comments:

Post a Comment