Monday, May 11, 2020

Q for quick cheese burger pie


This is one of those recipes my mother wouldn’t let us make because she thought the ingredients sounded weird.
We would ask but the answer was always no. Until one day when we were teenagers my sister decided she was going to make cheeseburger pie. I don’t remember why she was cooking if she was simply doing it because she wanted too, or if this was during the brief point of time when my mother had us rotating dinner duty. In any case my sister didn’t ask she simply made it, and this as it turns out was the best recipe ever!

And the weird ingredient that my mother was so concerned about was actually the thing that makes this recipe the tops. And what was that ingredient? Pickle juice!

Now personally I don’t think pickle juice is weird but for some reason my mother did. But the Pickle juice and chopped pickles really make this taste like a burger. I really enjoy making this recipe. And yes even my mother came around, she loves it too.

This is a relatively easy straight forward recipe. Par bake the crust, Brown the meat with some other things, add the rest of the ingredients except half the cheese, spoon into crust, bake for a while then add the rest of the cheese and bake for 5 more minutes.


Due too not being able to eat beef I did make the change of using turkey burger but other than that I stick to the recipe. I do believe that is why it turns out so well, someone really thought this one through. And I love it.

Generally I eat it topped with ketchup and mustard just to really make the burger experience come alive.
And yes this is one to make over and over again.





No comments:

Post a Comment