Saturday, May 21, 2022

Seven Dwarfs soup

This was an amazingly simple recipe to make. I was skeptical that it would be any good because of the simplicity of it. But it was actually really yummy. I always expect soups to contain onion and garlic to give them flavor plus other spices and herbs, but this didn’t call for either and no herbs whatsoever. The only spices it called for was salt and pepper which is why I thought it wouldn’t have much flavor. But it had a lot of flavor to it. I used homemade stock and I never add anything to that either, it's just bones and water cooked overnight in the crockpot, which makes an amazing stock. I guess the celery and carrots in this soup does a lot for the flavor. who knew those two things could make it taste so good. I also liked the pasta they called for, I had never had ditalini pasta before, I think it goes particularly well in soup. Actually it would probably go well with any pasta dish, but hey I really like pasta so I am always willing to try new shapes of pasta for any reason. I will definitely make this one again. It's so easy, the hardest part being chopping the vegetables. And if that is too hard the recipe does have a note that you can make it with frozen mixed veggies to make it even easier to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment